Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fault codes 2000 313CDI Sprinter

86K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  swine 
#1 ·
I have 2000 313CDI Sprinter turbo diesel which looses power for no particular reason at various intervals, I had it scanned and the fault code that came up was : P1470 charge pressure control, does anyone know what this is referring too so that I can repair it.

#4 ·
Hello,

Had this same problem with turbo not working. Total lack in power but not on limp mode or no EDC light was lit. Just no turbo when accelerating.
Took it to HAC Nottingham for code read, and it came up with 3 possible faults.
1) Crank shaft sensor
2) Break pedal switch
3) Boost pressure sensor (as above)

This Boost pressure sensor is located under the vehicle between the engine and bulkhead on the driver’s side. This was changed and all was OK.

Tell me Sarge, where is this fault sheet from? I have Auto data 2005, but that seems to be quite limited to fault code diagnostics.

#7 ·
hi there !
is there anyone out there that can help me?
i have a 53 plate sprinter 313 cdi
the vehicle lacks power and will not rev over 4000rpm, i have checked the turbo and everything seems ok remove waste gate solinoid and checked with vac test ok, checked all wiring to ecu ok, the fault codes i am getting are
p1481 glow plug failure
p1470 charger pressure control circuit
p1470 charger pressure positive control/charge pressure low
p0105 b5/1 charge pressure sensor signalvoltage to low
p0110 b5/3b1 charge air temp sensor voltage high

took to local garage to have fault codes cleared and
p1470 charge pressure control circuit
p 1481 glow plug failure
came back and the vehicle is still underpowered
thanks
paul

#8 ·
To Mr T& Mr Robins

The Vacuum transducer is located under the airbox, Easier to remove frivers head lamp assy to get to it, if this doesnt cure the problem try the boost sensor, Just because the fault code is listed , it doesent mean to say that is the fault, people waste a lot of money trying different parts,
I run a mobile repair Van just for sprinters, I carry Just about everything on the van to fix most problems, I also use the latest Mercedes Benz dealer level software and have been working on sprinters for over 10 yrs, My number is 07932 742 452 if you need further help

#11 · (Edited)
I have a 313cdi 2001 which i basically didn't drive for six months. When i started driving it again i had a problem with it not revving much past 3000rpm and also i would get abs edc and traction light coming up intermittently with the abs cutting in in dry weather when not needed.

Well i built myself up for a big bill at Birminghams main Merc van dealer where i used to take it and where i actually bought it from but then decided to have a change and take it to Andy Gayle independent merc mechanics.

I dropped it off at Andy Gayles and the same night it was fixed. Diagnosis was a split vaccuum pipe somewhere on the engine. Cost £104.00 inc.Vat. labour and some pipe.

The brakes were and are nothing to do with the power prob but funnily enough the abs edc lights etc come on still but so little in frequency that i'm not that bothered about it.

so just goes to show....try your independent!!! you can guarantee that if Birminghams premier merc van dealer had of got hold of it they have changed everything going until they'd cleaned me out!!

On the subject of Merc dealers..

I had the turbo and viscous fan changed 2 years ago by this same Merc van dealer spending the best part of £1500 and after finding that the viscous fan was staying on permenantly even at 90 on the motorway so i took it in and asked what they thought of the fact the viscous fan coupling which they had changed 2years ago had only lasted 9000 miles:eek:.... The answer bring it in and well charge you to change it again :D

After some research i have removed the fan and am now driving round Fanless at between 80-90 deg c on the dash, i shall fit an elec fan in the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.