Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Media Albums About

• · Registered
    Depends on the day!
    13,419 Posts
    Dylan, call me up..it would be easier to tell you in real time...404 805 1357..:)

· Registered
    1989 Mercedes Benz 300SE W126
    4 Posts
    Hey, my names Dylan. Im pretty new to the site, bought an 89 300SE that id like to fix up :)

I was doing a search on audio upgrades for the car and came across some recommendations for you and your site. I was wondering if youd help me out? All i need is to know what to buy - what size speakers and how many, amps, crossover etc...im a pretty big noob. Thank you in advance!

Dylan T.

· Premium Member
    1989 560 SEL BLACK ON BLACK
    294 Posts
    CHECK MY POST BECKER RADIO 0780 WIRING THANKS FOR HELPING

· Registered
    560 sec
    12 Posts
    Hi Jonathan. It's me Magnus from sweden. I've sent you 2 mail but don't know if you ever got them since i haven't got an answer. So i try to contact you here.

· Registered
    1990 560 SEC (Wifes Car) Audi A8 (My Car)
    76 Posts
    Hey do you have a good source for MB injectors for the 560 SEC. What do they run?

· Registered
    Depends on the day!
    13,419 Posts
    thanks Benjamin..:) It's going well, hope it is for you as too!

· Registered
    1988 Mercedes Benz 420SEL 258,000 miles (SOLD) 1991 300se 168,000 miles, ASR 1999 GMC Yukon 192,000
    1,374 Posts
    Just wondering if you ever sent out that sunroof grease i ordered last month?

thanks

· Registered
    2015 e250 4matic, 1985 300TD (Sold). 1993 300D 2.5 Turbo(Sold), 1995 e320 Cabriolet(Sold)
    116 Posts
    Hi Jonathan, have you ever done any diesel tuning?

Also, have you ever used superchargers in a 104... or do you always go with turbochargers?

All the best,
    Jonathan in Charleston

· Registered
    Depends on the day!
    13,419 Posts
    hey there Dave,

Just a note, but again, if someone comes along here, please email me instead via jono@blueridgemb.com I do not get emails when a visitor message is posted and I very infrequently stop in..

That aside, I usually tighten them till there is about an 1/8 of a inch b/w the two halves, that seems to be adequate. better to have them a touch loose, if they leak, give them an extra turn or two. The copper rings are gaskets to help keep everything nicely sealed. Think of them as crush washers for the manifold:)

hope that helps, and sorry for taking so long!

Best,
    Jonathan

· Registered
    1991 420 SEL
    145 Posts
    J:
    '91 420SEL. When replacing the "donut" gaskets between the intake manifold halfs does one just tighten the halfs until the bosses on both halfs come into contact? I couldn't find anything specific in the FSM. Torque, procedure etc.
    I tightend mine just till the bosses touched. I noticed that some of the "rings", the loose part on the donuts split. I removed them. Wondering just what the purpose of these are.

Thanks, Dave

· Registered
    84 300TD, 2004 E320 wagon x2, 2005 CDI heavily modified
    1,118 Posts
    Are you still interested in the tri y's? I've had an offer for $750.
    William

· Registered
    Depends on the day!
    13,419 Posts
    Hello Heintz,

It's rare as in I don't often replace them. I see the EZL's fail on a more regular basis then I do the CPS. The ignition switch is often a source of this kind of problem as well.. you can pull a switch out of any gas W126 and try it, so cost will be minimal!

Hope that helps:)

Jonathan

· Registered
    1965 W111 220S, 1968 W108 280S, 1970 W108 280SE, 1990 W126 500 SE, 1992 R129 500SL & 1995 E320 S124
    73 Posts
    Hey Jonathan! Thanks for your response to my post. I have a question though: what did you mean with "CPS is rare, but you can ohm it out .8-1.1 IIRC"? If you are referring to testing the CPS, then I have done that and it seemed fine. Is the CPS difficult to find as a part, or is it rarely the problem? I am going to my parts guy on Monday and will see if I can pick up a CPS and an EZL from him. I have checked for fuel and spark - there is fuel, but no spark! I don't know where the wire from the distro goes, that's why I asked in my post...

Regards,

Heintz

· Registered
    Depends on the day!
    13,419 Posts
    Just a note, but for anyone that would like to get in touch, please shoot me an email jono@blueridgemb.com or give a call 404 805 1357 I don't check this page but once every couple of weeks @ best!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…