Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Locked Out of a 1997, E-320

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
I am trying to get into the car but the battery must be dead so the Infered Keyless enty is not working. How Do I appy power to the car so I can get in?

Thanks,
Jeff

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

The attachment is a picture of the driver's door and the key. Both the driver's side door and the trunk have a key slot (CLK's have a trunk key slot, I'm guessing E's do as well). To remove the blade/mechanical key from the electronic key, slide the tab numbered "5" in the attached picture to the right, while pulling the little metal hook to the left of the tab. The mechanical key will slide out. You can use the key to open the driver's door and the trunk. The battery is in the trunk under the mat.

Attachments

#6 ·
This thread makes me wonder if I can get into my car (or trunk) with the blade key. I know I have the key, but in the 2001 E320, it looks like the infrared sensor on the handle rather than a keyhole (it's probably both in reality). I'll check it out, because my spare batteries are in the car now (doh) - a lot of good those will do me if I can't get into the car ;)

#8 ·
Another option is to call 1-800-for-Mercedes. Mercedes-Benz will send a repair guy out to help for FREE. The guy will show you how to use the blade key. He can also sell you a battery for list price ($118 if I’m not mistaken) and install it for free.

I just tried mine, and the key works (admittedly, I’ve got a W208, versus your W210), but man, THE ALARM! How on earth does anyone get around that mind numbing alarm without having a functioning electronic key?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.