Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

help with W111 lighting functions

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  genever 
#1 ·
Hi all...

I am currently restoring a 1966 250SE coupe, it is originally euro version & now I've completed my parts to convert to US version. I need your help on the functions of the front lamps.

What are the functions of the:
1) cone shaped lamps between the headlamp assembly & grille?
2) the inner triangles?
3) the outer triangles?
4) when engaging high beam does the upper (low beam) lamps shut off or do they remain on?

Hope you can help me on this. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I have a 1965 220 seb coupe. I could double-check if unclear.
Off the top of my head:
1) cone shaped lamps between the headlamp assembly & grille?
> turn signals
2) the inner triangles?
3) the outer triangles?
> no function
4) when engaging high beam does the upper (low beam) lamps shut off or do they remain on?
> They remain on

#3 ·
It all depends on whaty market the car was sold in originally,but here is what we have here;
We don't have the seperate or side mounted turn signal indicators but the ;
(i) inner triangles are "left or right" parking lights,activated by turning the light switch hard left 1 click for right side only and 2 clicks for left side only.
(ii) the park lights proper are in the head lights ( upper) and factory fog lights in the headlight( lower) activated by pulling the headlight switch OUT one notch and turning right.
(iii) the outer triangles here are Amber and are the turn signals.

#5 ·
Yes, the parking light feature will illuminate either cone.

A question for you: having switched your headlamp set-up to US specs, what is the fate of your eurpean headlamp parts. I am in need of a european headlamp assembly, especially the chrome trim. Care to make a trade or sale? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.