Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Stunning A1 Museum Quality 1987 560SEC 39K original miles

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  brucemendel 
#1 ·
Probably the nicest all-original 560SEC for sale in the country today, and I do not make that statement lightly.

The car was kept in climate-controlled storage and exercised regularly over the years. All records are included in both paper form and in the stamped MB maintenance booklet. Car has never been hit or painted, all VIN# stickers in place.

Exterior condition is 94/95 on 100 point scale. A couple of surface scratches near rear license plate, one scratch on c-pillar, a couple of door dings, one tiny chip on left side (smaller than pinhead), and small scuff on left side of front bumper. Most of those items can be detailed out. Rest of exterior is immaculate. Brilliant silver paint is original and perfect and has excellent gloss. Lower cladding perfect. Glass is perfect, zero rear window delamination. Chrome trim is perfect, no water stains or other marks like on most SECs, even mint ones. Rubber trim is perfect, glossy black, no rot, seals perfectly to windows. Even original rubber headlight wiper blades show zero wear.

Interior appears new as if no one ever sat in the car. All items are perfect and unmarked, including wood trim, dash, plastic trim, leather, seat pading, carpets, and headliner. The car has not even been detailed yet, and still looks like it's new.

Mechanically the car is perfect and passed a pre-purchase dealer inspection with flying colors. HVAC system operates as new. All control lighting is bright and working properly, cluster needles and markings are bright orange and unfaded. Original radio and antenna perfect. Seat motors, heaters, windows, locks, and sunroof all perfect and like new.

Engine is strong and smooth. Transmission very smooth and eager to downshift. Suspension, including rear hydraulics, are as-new. Steering and brakes excellent. No leaks. Tires (MXV4's) are excellent. Spare/tools/jack/first-aid/touch-up all present and perfect.

The car does NOT ride and drive like a mint low-mile used SEC. She rides and drives like a NEW zero-mile SEC. It's hard to describe the difference, but it's noticeable. There are no squeaks, thumps, rattles, or anything else. Silky smooth and quiet, very smooth over bumps and rough surfaces, excellent at high speeds. The bushings, shocks, etc. are all so well kept and near-new that the car feels like it just left the showroom.

With a simple detailing, you'll most likely win any MBCA event you enter...the car is a time-capsule, and is a better driver than cars with lower miles in similar cosmetic condition. I'll stop now, but it's hard to overstate how nice this car really is.

I know if I am patient this is a $25K car......but will consider best offer over $20K for quick cash sale.

Email me (Bruce) at brucem105_AT_comcast.net or call area code (eight five six), 912 2600 for more details.

This is the nicest SEC you'll ever see outside of Benz's museum in Germany. Sorry for the lousy pictures, interior was taken at night! These pics were also taken without the car being washed or detailed in any way. But I will get better ones posted.

Bruce

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Some better pics.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have every single paper MB service record, the stamped MB maintenance booklet with all stamps/dates/mileage, and a clean carfax. All verify the mileage to be accurate, as does a thorough inspection of the car itself.

I'm not sure why you say it looks "suspicious"?? Based on what?

Bruce

#6 ·
brucemendel - 1/12/2006 7:09 PM

I have every single paper MB service record, the stamped MB maintenance booklet with all stamps/dates/mileage, and a clean carfax. All verify the mileage to be accurate, as does a thorough inspection of the car itself.

I'm not sure why you say it looks "suspicious"?? Based on what?

Bruce
The odo looked suspicious b/c the numbers don't line up nicely like they should on a VDO gauge of this vintage.

The paperwork is worth the weight in gold and will be very desirable for the next owner.

#10 ·
RE: SOLD: Stunning A1 Museum Quality 1987 560SEC 39K original miles

brucemendel - 1/17/2006 5:21 PM

She's gone to Florida to her new owner, thanks all.

Bruce
Congrats Bruce! I got a charge out of the guy that called you a moron for your asking price and assumption of full retail which i thought was right on the money. you had a great comeback to his comment too![:D]

#12 ·
Yup, that was the auction. She sold today to someone that saw the auction but did not bid. Sold her for between $20K and $25K, about what I figured she'd go for.

So BC, I guess the question is, who is a bigger moron? The moron that lists a mint collector's 560SEC at a collector's price and sells it, or the moron that says it won't sell? :)

Anyway, that was a fantastic car, sorry to see her go.

Bruce

#13 ·
brucemendel - 1/17/2006 9:18 PM

Yup, that was the auction. She sold today to someone that saw the auction but did not bid. Sold her for between $20K and $25K, about what I figured she'd go for.

So BC, I guess the question is, who is a bigger moron? The moron that lists a mint collector's 560SEC at a collector's price and sells it, or the moron that says it won't sell? :)

Anyway, that was a fantastic car, sorry to see her go.

Bruce
Bruce...Our friends avator is burning up even more and more by the minute![:D]. Congrats again on your sale, and yes, it must have been sad to let her go. will the new owner truck it, ship it or ? drive it back? (thats what i always do)[:0]

#17 ·
brucemendel - 1/17/2006 9:31 PM

The buyer called me for the first time this morning. We agreed on a price at noon. He wired the funds this afternoon, and is flying in tomorrow to drive her home. Talk about a man of action!

Bruce
Man, ill say! Take a picture of the old boy and see if he will lwt you post the car and new owner on the board....Just to make sure he's 560 material of coarse[:D]. And Bruce...I second that you are the man!![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:I]

#18 ·
Thanks!

Next car for sale is even nicer.....trying to empty the garage a bit for a Euro SEC. And then possibly a widebody SEC DOHC and a matching SEL DOHC full factory AMG cars (I know I should not say it out loud as it might kill the dream).

I just finished everything on the 91 560SEC AMG 19K mile car, now all I have left is to get the wheels refinished and she's ready to be sold. Problem is I went a little crazy fixing every little thing and now I have $28K in the car......ugh. So will try for $30K, but will take what I can get within reason to get out of it.

I took the sheepskins off the front seats today for the first time since the car was new.....the leather is unreal...no crack lines, nothing. New.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.