Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Media Albums About

• · Registered
    220S
    3 Posts
    Dear lahiru

Thank you so much for your quick replay. I didn't cut any wires, either.

Yesterday afternoon I checked the plug, cables, distributor and rotor with multimeter. I found the rotor is the cause that probably destroy the EZL. And after I installed everything back. With my 280E EZL, the engine refused to start.

I got the same part number as you provided. I got the same result. Then I got an idea --- I am trying to connect the original EZL with mine. I have made some wires to do the connections. The work will be tried tomorrow. I also did some repair on the rotor.---just a go.

I'll let you know what happens.

Tony

· Registered
    220S
    3 Posts
    Dear lahiru

I would like to thank you for the way you provided here.

I have read the message you posted here and I tried your way by using some EZLs like the one you use ( not the same part number )on a Benz 300CE with W124/M104 engine. At the first it didn't work out and then I tried a EZL of 280E, which makes the engine run. But there is no any idle speed and I have got to accelerate to keep the engine running.

So I looked at its fuel injection wiring diagram and found it is different from W126 system. The Idle Control Valve is controlled and powered by ECM, not like W126 system that the Protection Voltage Relay powers the Idle Control Valve.

So do you have any idea to sort out the problem of idling speed?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…