Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Members List
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld Newbie

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. cougs_83
    08-13-2010 11:18 AM - permalink
    cougs_83
    J.R. Haven't been on here for a while you asked me about what the end result was when I changed the throttle body. It didn't do any good. My issue was a security issue. I ended up getting another E420 that had some issues and pulling parts from that first car. I spent forever trying to figure out what the issue was. Don't remember my original post, but I checked and noticed that my fuel injectors were only getting half the necessary voltage to open. Half the voltage came from the starter coil and the other half was from the main computer. I swapped the main computer nothing changed. I noticed the ignition coil looked brand new. I believe that for some reason the dealership that I bought the car from put a new ignition coil. The problem is that part ties into the security system so if it is swapped out at the very least it has to be reprogrammed to match the other parts that are in the security system.

About Me

• About J.R.17
    Vehicle
    1998 C230, 2003 ML 350

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 09-30-2010 07:12 AM
  • Date registered: 09-19-2008
  • Referrals: 0