Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

NYC-CT-NJ meet

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Tpmotorsport 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would like to do a meeting in NYC area.
All European cars are welcome. While the weather is still ok.

I would love to develope a club.

Email me with ideas, or with interests.

#2 ·
Id like to do one. Im in Brooklyn/Queens. I know the perfect place too. If your fimilar with the area, Floyd Bennett Field is a place where people usually hold meets and stuff. Its on Flatbush Avenue near the Marine Parkway Bridge.

#7 ·
As a proud Mercedes-Benz owner I am surprised at the state of the MBCA. They hold very few events in New Jersey yearly and only a small handful of them actually involve driving your car. Because of that I have taken it upon myself to try to organize as large a group as possible of fellow Mercedes-Benz owners to take place in some "social-romping" if you will. Whenever I see pictures of car maker clubs, with all their members out together in their cars driving in a line as far as the eye can see, I find myself longing to participate. There should be more for the Mercedes-Benz owner than just a morning brunch seminar and a charter bus trip to the New York SEMA show. We should be contacting each other, getting together, and sharing in the joy of our fine machines! After all we've all worked hard to get them, we should enjoy them!
As I always love watching the looks on people’s faces when they see a convoy of Mercedes drive by I thought the best way to start was to try to get everyone together for a rally of sorts on Saturday, June 10th 2006. (This way it will give us plenty of time to assimilate and organize.) I am still looking for the nicest scenic route in Jersey and nothing is set in stone yet so if you know of any specific places please let me know. (I might also suggest the incorporation of a few relevant stops along the way, if any exist… not sure yet)
ALL MERCEDES TYPES & CLASSES WELCOME!
...so don't be shy, come out and show us what you've got!
In conclusion I will be posting this topic in different forum sections to try to get a buzz going. Tell your friends and spread the word and hopefully we'll have a sick convoy of Merc's that'll make people's heads turn...[;)]

See you on the 10th!

-mike-

#8 ·
Ok, so I went to Barns & Noble the other day and picked up "Back roads, New Jersey" by Mark DiIonno and a DeLorme New Jersey Road Atlas and started plotting… this is what I’ve come up with... The rally is going to take place in Northern NJ and travel along route 511, through High Point State Park, and loop around in a sort of circle shape back to the starting point. I’m still looking for the best place in the morris/somerset/union county area to meet/start as I want to have enough parking for everyone and have it not be excruciatingly hard to find for someone not immediately familiar with the area. I also want to find a good place for us to stop half way through the drive so we can get some food etc..., which I haven’t located either because I haven’t completely finished mapping out the route. (as I want to make it as visually pleasing as possible - suggestions welcome) Once I complete the planning and take a test drive I will post turn by turn, detailed directions of where we will be going along with a scan of a map with the route highlighted. I will have back up copies with me on Saturday just in case but it’s very important that you remember to bring your own set of directions for safety purposes. I don’t want anyone getting lost or hurt. Wherever we end up meeting in the morning (suggestions welcome) will be from 9am to 12:00pm noon with prompt departure at 12:00pm noon sharp. I will be there bright and early to greet you all and I hope to see a lot of you there. I know I’m not done with all the planning it but I wanted to let you know of any new developments ASAP (as I will continue to do) to affirm the fact that this event is happening (to the people that thought that I couldn’t/wouldn’t pull it off [:p])

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.