Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    1996 S500 previous cars1996 S420,1996 S500, 1986 420sec,1988 560 sec, 1985 500sec, 1991 420sel
    80 Posts
    Check out photos Chris has uploaded in regards to this error issue..He has only 1 resistor on each side & has had never any issues..Ill tackle the job hopefully friday & ill let you know how i go.
    All the best.

· Registered
    1982 280 SL 5-speed manual Euro grey market roadster
    4 Posts
    Hello, I saw your posting on duovalve rebuilds. I need to have mine rebuilt (or pay mercedes $640.00!)
    Are you still doing the rebuilds? I live in southern california also, near Burbank. My duo valve is on a gray market 1982 280Sl, part number 126 830 0084
    I took the top off and broke off the tiny metal wires that connect to the elec magnetic coils, also the rubber plungers are torn and not stopping hot coolant from flowing.
    Thank you,
    Bret
    310-869-5807

· Registered
    99" CL500 , 99' CL500, 97' S500, 01' S500, 02’ G500, 09’ G550
    2,171 Posts
    What up bro

Hope you've had a good holiday season so far. Your in school right?, so am I. Any way ruthless818. cple of things.

did you sell that third led break light? if not and its black, let me know.

also bro, you had told me that youd help me out with LED interior lights before... any chance you could provide for me the details for the lighting? (noticed you did you cluster, looked great!)

SO, u remember about that spare engine... well Ive come to the conclusion that forced induction is the way to go. found this... KOENIG SPECIALS do you know anything about them? or perhaps your families shop installed one? can they install one? price? any people you know sell a used one?

anyway, let me know whenever

oh btw, what do you know about those white tail lights in the "rare parts" thread... the one juice140 posted. any links you may have? thanks for all your help.

· Registered
    1991 Mercedes Benz 300E, 179K, stock, daily driver
    1,692 Posts
    Well either way I need some pics of some custom W140's, yours is a great candidate before and after pics are greatly appreciated haha.

· Registered
    1991 Mercedes Benz 300E, 179K, stock, daily driver
    1,692 Posts
    Can I get pics of your W140? It looks great black on black, all tinted too. Thanks

· Registered
    1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
    7,370 Posts
    I am going to buy some in a few months. Also i need the compele so maybe around thanksgiving i will buy them and install them.

· Registered
    7,370 Posts
    yes i am getting those and the front bumper, but the rest of my w140 is going to be amg themed. i haven't updated my profile pic but i finished the exhaust and have a set of led tails coming. i need to repaint my w140 anyways so mind as get these fender caps too

· Registered
    1,769 Posts
    My bad, I haven't kept up with deleting private messages lately. BTW those side vents are exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure when I want to do this mod but chances are this will be my next mod. Is this something you're going to buy for your S500 too?

· Registered
    7,370 Posts
    thats nice you fixed yours, like i had said i gave up on my leak.

in my opinion the 96&97 was a successful year for the w140, MB fixed the wiring issue and i heard the 98&99 s class had fiber optics(not something good since it was new then). but the best quality parts are on the 92-95 w140s. the most updated are the 98&99

congrats on your paint that looks nice, but aren't the 22" a bit harsh on the road?

· Registered
    97 S500
    41 Posts
    It was the linkage on the driver's side rear. Sorry just geeting back.....been fighting to get my baby back on the road. Mines a 97 S500 too.

· Registered
    7,370 Posts
    I never really fixed my leak since i have changed almost every gasket. Can you post a pic of whats leaking? I think you are talking about the shifter linkage. Mine was leaking bad when that went bad. Now i had a quart of tranny fluid once every 3-5months. I use to fill up half quart ever two weeks.

The things that made a huge difference were the: electrical connector on the front passanger side and the the shifter linkage on the rear of the driver side. Both parts together should cost about $60 from the dealer and they have a repair kit.

· Registered
    97 S500
    41 Posts
    love the look of your s500....read a few of your older post and thought you maybe able to spread some light on a problem im having. My transmission swap on my 97 S500 is almost complete...1 problem.....leaking fluid from rear of tranny...its leaking from the rear driver side connector of some sort. My question to you is what is this connector and does it have a o-ring or something that can b replaced???

· Registered
    Mercedes S500 - W140 && S500 W220.
    828 Posts
    hmmm, Wicked...
    I will double check this on mine too :D
    Thanks & Good luck

· Registered
    7,370 Posts
    no problem, the bolts that were missing were the one that were actually steering pulley bracket ones, its kind of hard to explain, but the whole thing was rocking back and forth causing a ticking sound, then i installed the two missing bolts and washers and that tick went away.

simply put every time the belt moved the whole thing holding the pulley was moving with it.

· Registered
    Mercedes S500 - W140 && S500 W220.
    828 Posts
    Hey Bro ...

Just noticed your comment about the steering pump, please say more about the bold part ...

thanks

had power steering pump rebuilt. also our buddy fuelfrenzy helped me file up my sls and i have no leak . and i found out that there was about 5-10 bolts missing on my w140 headed out to the dealer and got new bolts you guys would never guess that one bolt missing from the power steering pump would cause a ticking sound. got new exhaust gaskets and ordered a new magnaflow muffler online, and everything should be here in about two weeks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…