Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
B

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    1994 Sl500
    8 Posts
    Please Help... I have 1994 SL500 whose interior lights have stopped working as follows;

No Dash Lights
    No Radio illumination
    No Door Panel seat adjustment illumination

When this initially happened, every now and then the lights would come on on start-up with the head lights switched on but would not stay on for very long.

2 wiring harnesses have been replaced (starter and main)

Door lights (DS and PS) work fine as well as the dome/map lights.
    Recently replaced complete dome/map light unit (near the rear view mirror) because it has cracked to bits from the Arizona sun, but it had no effect on the other lighting.

A few things seem to have progressed such as
    Cigar Lighter consistently blows its fuse.
    Seat electronics will only adjust if the doors are open, door closed and
    ignition on does nothing to allow for seat adjustment.
    Drivers door lock can only be manually locked if the door is open.

are all related or are they separate issues.

· Registered
    21 Posts
    hi, Bob, a friend, Chris Souch has told me how brilliant you have been when asked for advice, and i was wondering if i too could pick your brains.

i have only owned my sl 300, r129 for approx 1 month and it came with several issues.

1st- central locking didn’t work, the pump had a melted motor
    i replaced the motor, now it runs for 2 seconds and blows a fuse, i put a larger fuse in it and it continually runs, untill the motor gets hot again.
    now disconnected.

2nd - hard top is on, roll bar is up, switch doesn’t do anything.
    when you turn the ignition on, the light comes on, then goes off.
    i cannot get it to go down

3rd - the hard top is on, when i pull the roof button, the light flashes and nothing from the pump. i put 12v on the pump and it appears to work, but nothing happens electronically.

i have read the posts about clearing codes, but i don't want to try anything without some expert advice.

please could you help with the above

many thanks
    lee

· Registered
    2 off R129 SL 500's (SL1 & SL2); W219 CLS 500; W220 S 500; W126 300 SE; SOLD - W203 C200 Kompressor
    160 Posts
    1992 type 129.066 engine M119 shakes severely with Air condition engaged.

Changed the following: coolant sensor; 4 pin blue temp sensor; head overhaul with new gaskets; water jackets; new belt; caps; rotors; plug wires; ASR motor; radiator; plugs; thermostat; fuel pumps; fuel filter; cleaned fuel distributor head micro filter; air temp sensor; water hoses; crank position sensor; oil pressure sender unit; oil level sender unit; Idle COntrol Valve; complete intake manifold hoses; Fuel injectors - after all these new parts when i engage the AC and even worse with the hedlights on full load the engine shakes and RPM drops as if to shut down. Can anyone please help or make any suggestions, much appreciated. thanks.

· Registered
    2 Posts
    Hello Mr. Terry. I've been referred to you for help on a year 2000 SL500. My father and I just recently removed the entire soft top and replaced it, the job took about 8 hours but it was completed, for the most part, successfully. When we first began to test out the open/close of the soft top, we noticed the cover that covers the soft top compartment would not close when the top was down, but when putting the top back up it closed no problem. Just this morning, we go to check if we mis-connected any valves at the valve blocks, everything was perfectly fine. But NOW, we lost all power to the soft top, the windows, the roll bar, the car won't even start. We don't know whether the problems are all related, please help! ReggyElizer@gmail.com

· Registered
    11 Posts
    Hi Bob,
    I was referred over to you for a 91 300 SL Repair manual? Can you please help me out on this. Thank you,
    Kimberly

· Registered
    97 sl320
    2 Posts
    Hey Bob, Haven't met you yet but they say you are the one to talk to, We are working on a 97 sl320, that we have replaced all the hydraulic pumps in, once replaced we filled the resivior up and ran the top to cycle fluid, once cycled we found that the microswitch on the left bow was reinstalled backwards, not allowing the switch to activate, then the fun started. We took the car to a mercedes dealer here in Baltimore and had the codes cleared and started over, but now the top will cycle one time and thats it, has to be reset and cleared. Just looking for any input/Help!! Thanks for your time ,Bill Automotive Accents

· Registered
    1995 SL500
    3 Posts
    Hello Bob,
    i hear your the electronics Guru. i need help with my 95 sl500. driver side window wont move up or down with switch OR when lowering the top. actually i cant lower the top as it stops as the rear section opens and then the passenger window comes down but not the driver side. i pulled the door panel and it will work when applying 12volts. i hear conflicting info on the possibility of a code reader to diagnois the problem. can you advise what i should do next to identify why window wont work? it also doesn't do the up/down when opening/closing the door. please save me from the dealer. thanks kevin

· Registered
    1986 190e 2.3-16 (W201), 1997 SL320 Panoramic Glass Top (R129) & 1988 560 SEL (W126)
    739 Posts
    Hello Bob, looking for a good guide to clear my Climante Control DTC on my 1997 SL320. I can pull the code which was 241 (Low Refrigerant) which I already charged but I cant get it to go erase code mode. Thanks in advance.

Rob
    j_porrata@hotmail.com

· Premium Member
    1990 300 SL
    8 Posts
    I need the procedure for removing the instrument cluster on my 1990 300 SL. I have an intermittent problem with the guages not responding. I understand that this could be a problem with the grounding or plug not being connected well enough. Thanks my emoil address it jdsr-r51@live.com

· Registered
    1993 SL300, 1992 600 SEL, 2003 S600 tt
    14 Posts
    Hello,
    I have a Heater problem with my 1993 SL300, heater works some times. Other times it blows to windshield defrost mode, coult it be heater control unit? If sounds familiar would you have a unit for this model?
    Regards,
    Isken
    ccvt2@aol.com

· Registered
    1990 SL500 75K KM
    3 Posts
    Hello Bob, In reviewing the forum I have found a few references to a guide you sent to folks on accessing the blower motor in the sl500 ( I have a 1990). If you still happen to have a copy of this information it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

· Registered
    91 500 SL
    0 Posts
    I have a 91 500 sl and am looking for the passenger seat belt pillar cover in beige. I will take any colour but preferrable beige. Regards, Mark

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi Bob. I just bought an e220 coupe and was interested in your pic chip code counter. My son uses these things at school, pic chips, not Mercs!! so he will be building a unit. Do you have the flowchart for the pict program please.
    Regards Phil

· Registered
    2 Posts
    My center console and tape holder are locked and i cant get into them in anyway i was wondering if you had any advice
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…