Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Coming back into the fold

361 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Picklish 
#1 ·
So, my wife and I were talking recently about consolidating some of our cars down to one or two (or three) and, long story short, we've decided to go back to Mercedes. I've been a member of this forum in the past but was unable to recover my account after the data breach.

My first Benz was a gold 1985 5-speed 190E that I sold in 2007, shortly before I met my wife. Around the same time, shortly before meeting me, she had been driving a gold 1987 300TD. While we were dating, I bought a 4-speed '77 240D and then later a 2000 E320 wagon. A few months later, she gave birth to our first daughter in the passenger seat of that wagon whilst on the shoulder of I-40E, but that's a whole 'nother story... I sold my diesel W123 when we left North Carolina for Pennsylvania and we reluctantly parted ways with the E320 a few years ago. She'd seen a lot of action, but ever since the hatch had flooded during a hurricane whose name I don't even remember, the electronic bits had been more than a bit wonky.

I just sent the MGB I've had since 2002 to a new life (afterlife?) as an organ donor and we've resolved to clean out the driveway some and sell off the '93 Previa, the '05 Outback, and my '04 BMW - keeping only the '06 Town and Country and adding in an E-class, probably another W210. Next year, I'd like to add a roadster back into the mix, probably an R170.

So, for now, I'm just going to lurk around and ask some questions here and there. I may be Benzless at the moment, but I'm glad to be back. :wink

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.