Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

exhaust manifold part no

2K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 ·
hi all i have an early LHD 450 se kjet and it has a crack in the leftside drivers side
exhaust manifold and searching online i am not having much success finding one.
the part no which looks most like mine is 1161421302

i took a rubbing from my one and the number is W12 MOCR 11714222901 mine looks like the attached picture which is from a RHD

any help welcome

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
hi rumb

sorry engine no 117 986-12-003556 and vin no 11603212047677 , i had it in today at a mechanic and he says the electrics are fine, compression is good all around the 170+ number 5 a bit higher at 190, he maintains my warm start issue is leaking fuel but he recommends i replace the back box as it has a small hole and the exhaust manifold which has a crack before he tunes it checks the injectors and fuel distributor.

consequently im on the look out for a LHD exhaust manifold

thanks
john

#4 ·
consequently im on the look out for a LHD exhaust manifold

Where are you located?

Please fill out your profile.

I have not checked any part numbers, but I have solid single piece exhaust manifolds from two 4.5 d-jet 1972-1973 r/c107 cars. I have no clue if they might work for you.

#6 ·
EPC show 1171403909 and 1171404809, though I can quite decipher the as of engine notes. Can find a picture of either, but both show as available from the MB dealer. not sure they actually have them though.

EXHAUST MANIFOLD made by Mercedes Benz. #1171403909

#8 ·
From EPC per the 116 vin and engine number:

Left side for euro 117 140 48 09
(Replaced numbers 117 140 02 09 and 117 142 88 01)
: Text Font Number Receipt Document

None of those numbers match the numbers for my early car. The d-jet heads must be different. Sorry I can't seem to help.

It is interesting (but irrelevant) to note that the right side seemed to get tri-y passenger side in later models... Like the w108 4.5.

#12 ·
well i got the manifold part no 1171428801 and it doesnt fit so i am going to get my old one welded and stay on the lookout for a 1171400209.

the replacement manifold had a male fitting where it fits into the exhaust pipe and my part had a female fitting.

thats the update of to the welders tomorrow

john

#13 ·
well i got the manifold part no 1171428801 and it doesnt fit so i am going to get my old one welded and stay on the lookout for a 1171400209.

the replacement manifold had a male fitting where it fits into the exhaust pipe and my part had a female fitting.

thats the update of to the welders tomorrow

john

Crap. I'm sorry. Now I see that the EPC image I posted shows "up to" for the 0209. I guess the exhaust side changed.

#14 ·
well when these parts are not readily available you have to take some chances

i took an educated gamble based on info from a variety of sources and this time it didnt work, i will try and sell the manifold and get some cash back on it

the joys of classic car ownership

thanks for the advice anyway

john

#15 ·
hi just an update on this issue, the manifold is fixed i had to use the one that i bought as i couldnt get the old one welded.

I tried 2 engineeeing shops and both said it was not taking the weld, spitting etc

So what i did was change the down pipe from a male to a female and that fixed the problem.

next on the list, warm start problen or rust under the fusebox????

so thanks for the help

john

#16 ·
hi just an update on this issue, the manifold is fixed i had to use the one that i bought as i couldnt get the old one welded.

I tried 2 engineeeing shops and both said it was not taking the weld, spitting etc

So what i did was change the down pipe from a male to a female and that fixed the problem.

next on the list, warm start problen or rust under the fusebox????

so thanks for the help

john

Nice work John! I'm very glad to hear you got this worked out. Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.