Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 16x7.5 AMG Aero Oz

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Nutz 4 Benz 
#1 · (Edited)
FS: 16x7.5 ET 66.5 AMG Aero Oz

Asking $300 OBO

THE BAD: All 4 wheels have minor curb rash. One has a bit more than the others. And one has a minor bend on the backside lip and small crack in the barrel. So they will need some work. (Pictures below)

Located in Tulsa, Ok. Willing to meet around the NW Oklahoma area. Also willing to ship if buyer pays for shipping costs.

I have no reason to keep these, I hope someone has an interest in them. I wouldn't like to see them go to waste.

Thanks for looking!

Tires:
2 Falken ze912's with only 2000 miles
2 Falken ze512's with about 5000 miles

16x7.5 offset 66.5 | 5x100mm

See less See more
#10 ·
I could live with the curb rash, but that crack is a bummer... Otherwise I might have been ready to make a road trip to OK this weekend.

IF those would have the right specs for my wagon, of course... But yeah, as Teutone mentioned, check the back of the wheels. There should be the info we need.

#11 ·
If not for the crack in the one, I'd be down there. I live up near Wichita KS, so it'd be a day trip for me even!

#14 ·
Sorry, it's not something I'd spring for with the crack in the wheel. If you end up deciding to give them away at some point (and I'm by no means asking for this, just mentioning it as I'd hate to see them scrapped), I'd be willing to come pick them up. I need a set of winter wheels and even with the crack, it beats steelies.

#16 · (Edited)
Picture of the Back side

Help every one out with the ET thing...

Clean off the back side of the wheels and find where the ET is cast or stamped into the wheel.

Why keep the ET a secret? Are you afraid to tell us what it is, or just don't want to bother?

When I sell wheels from afar, I take pictures of the part numbers and the sizes, and post them. Mercedes went out of their way to put the info on the back side of wheels. Why are you ignoring the requests to tell us what is already there for you to find if you take the time??

PS: not for nothing, but I picked up another set of these for free, (peeling chrome - yuk), just had to pay shipping from San Francisco, and now I have to pay to have the chrome removed and get them back to OEM condition. By the time I'm done I'll have about $600 invested, and they don't have curb rash or cracks, and they are round. You'll be lucky to get anything for this set in this condition and paint color. If they were in GOOD condition AND with OEM paint color, you might ask $600, and still wait a long time for a buyer. Not much of a market for 16" wheels to begin with, then they are curb rashed, cracked, and black.. finding the right buyer for those is like hitting the lotto.

See my attached picture of the front side of an Aero I 16" like yours. The wheel in this picture happens to be chromed which makes the lettering hard to read sometimes, some paints and powder coating will do the same. Although most wheels have this on the back, some older AMG monos have the sizes cast into the front of the rim. They are not all the same, but you should find them somewhere if the paint coating hasn't made them unreadable. If the numbers are unreadable, look at the 3rd picture, with measurements 1 & 2, I'll tell you the offset in about 30 seconds! Lay the wheels down on a good flat surface, place a accurate straightedge across the inside rim surface, then measure as accurately as you can, the distance to the wheel hub, and the distance to the floor. Post those two numbers and I'll post back the ET, based upon known sizes these wheels were built in.

If you want to calculate it yourself, it's easy, 1st convert both measurements to metric, in my case, measurement 1 = 5 13/16's, (5.8125) and 2 = 8.5". Convert to MM and 1= 147.64mm and 2 = 215.9mm. ET formula as follows;

ET = Measurement 1, minus (1/2 of Measurement 2)
ET = 147.64 - (215.9 * .5)
ET = 147.64 - (107.95)
ET = 39.69mm

OK no such animal as et39.69 so depending upon your measurement accuracy it's got to be a round MM number, most likely 40mm, or 39mm, or 38mm. Since we can find they made these wheels in 37mm and 40mm, (besides others), it's most likely 40mm. I think it's possible to find these wheels in et11 as well, a huge difference. That's why your being asked what the ET is, an et11 wheel mounted on a car meant to have et40 wheels, will stick way outside the fenders, looking like a Jeep ready for 4-wheeling, and a et40 wheel mounted on a et11 car will have the wheels rubbing the inner suspension. ET is very important, proper ET will keep the wheels centered inside the fenders and not rubbing anything... Many cars/models can share wheels, but many can't as well, knowing the ET requirements of your car and what the et of wheels for sale is, is extremely important for good fitment.

Attachments

#17 ·
Honestly, I don't feel that they're worth anything in this condition. The crack alone would cost upwards of $200 to repair (and that's without fixing the large bend there), and the one time I had curb rash fixed it was just under $130. Given these, I feel that we're talking something around 600 bucks in repairs to get the wheels up to snuff.

I don't want to undercut you on your price, I just feel that the ask is likely out of the realm of possibility for most folks (unless they have their own shop to do this kind of repair).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.