Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New owner 1972 250c

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  jmela 
#1 ·
Looking for service manual!!!!
i have bought this 72 250c last summer. i will be tearing down the engine to rebuild it and get it back on the road as soon as i can. it is automatic. also manual window and door locks. has sunroof.
can anyone help me find the correct service manual so i can spec the engine parts? i would like to keep the same engine in it. it has rod knock but i hope it can be fixed easy (Low cost) as i dont want to buy a new engine or replace it with a engine i have laying around (non mercedes)
looks decent. has some flaws but i will fix those too. the sun roof is off track and i have to fix that.
i need to redo tumblers in the lock cylinders and the driver door lock wont work with key but the rest do.
paint is not the best so in the future i will have to repaint ( sooner the better)
some rust spots that will need to be repaired.
here are a few pics:

again anyone can help with the service manual?

See less See more
#13 ·
I second what rumb said. I put out a lengthy one myself a few years ago, as have some other folks.

That coating is just about like clear plastic - it's tough. When I redid all my wood, I used paint remover, and even then it took a while to come up. Recommend NOT using anything more stout than a plastic scraper though, or you risk scraping the wood. I used marine grade stain and sealant, after reading how less stout stuff (indoor use only?) would deteriorate much much more swiftly in the more extreme conditions of a car interior.

#14 ·
Thanks, i searched google. and read about the process. but found only what was used.. read about polyurethane lacquer, and clear enamel.
i will definitely look for marine grade.most of the clear topcoat has flaked off.. i will just go over with a light sand paper and stain then clear coat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.