Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

WI, Green Bay

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  theswaggerwagon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all,

I'm looking for a non dealer mechanic in the Green Bay area that'll work on my '88 420SEL. I'd prefer an independent that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg, but is still competent enough to work on an old import.

I'm aware Bergstrom in Appleton works on Mercedes, but I don't dare go there.
I also know about Page Auto in Green Bay. (His shop does great work, and worked on my mom's '86 Saab 900 for 18 years,) but according to a few import and exotic owners I know who've taken their cars there, he does overcharge.

I ran into a guy with a 560SEL who gave me a name of a shop in Ashwaubenon, but I can't remember the name for the life of me...

I do know my mechanic who's worked on all of my domestics will work on imports, but prefers not to. (Phase III in Green Bay)

If anyone has other recommendations, I really welcome them.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I take my Benz to Rob's Auto in Kaukauna. It is an independent shop and he is an honest guy. I have a problematic Benz R350 and am never shocked by the cost of a repair. I see what the DIY auto owners are doing and his prices are in line with those. I honestly don't know where he makes his money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.