Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

weatherstrip seals 108/9

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  adler 
#1 ·
Any recommendation for sourcing the seals?
Thanks
Ad

#2 ·
At some point, someone is going to tell you Classic Center, for OEM-only seals. Classic Center = $$$$$$$$

I restored/repainted my 108 in 2005 and replaced all the weatherstripping, door, window and trunk seals from a source on eBay. 9 years later, when I sold the car, the seals were still in prime condition without rot, tears or degredation, and I paid MUCH less than dealership prices.

I'd start with eBay, look at Autohaus, PeachParts, and even ask the forum guru, Ron, for what he has in stock.

#3 ·
On Ebay there sets of the 4 door seals for $200. Do a search on "Mercedes 108 109 door seals". If you need the windshield seal I suggest you go with Mercedes OEM. I've replaced the windshield in several of my vehicles and the URO brand does not fit well in this application but works Ok for the doors. My glass shop refuses to use anything but OEM for the windshield.
Baybear

#6 ·
$1300 for a trunk seal?????????? To heck with that!!! Is the darned thing made of gold?

I paid something like $80 for the trunk seal I think. I bought the door seals as a 4 piece kit for $200.

Sad to see Ron go - good to do business with. Who bought him out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.